Wedding is a memorable day, one of the most memorable days of your life. You have many choices to make your day even more special. A favorite and funny wedding reception idea that many people enjoy is the Shoe Game. If you’re looking for some hilarious ways to play this game at your wedding reception, we’ve compiled a list of questions and some tips on how to get the most fun out of the game.
How to Play the newlywed Shoe Game
To play the Shoe Game, arrange two chairs back to back in an area with great visibility for your guests. A great place is in the middle of the dance floor or right at the head table. The bride and groom remove both their shoes and pass one to their new spouse so that they each have one of their own and one of their spouse’s shoes.
The emcee, or someone chosen beforehand, poses a series of questions to the newlyweds that relate directly to the couple. The couple individually will answer by holding up the shoe that they feel belongs to the person who best fits the question. Since they are positioned back to back, they cannot see how their spouse is answering–but their guests can. For example, a question might be, “who is the messiest?” and both the bride and groom will hold up the shoe of the messiest partner. The game generally takes fifteen minutes or less and is lighthearted fun for everyone.
Tips for the Shoe Game
To ensure the game is successful and enjoyed by all, be mindful of the questions asked and the audience present. Choose only 30 to 40 questions from the list below. If there are younger kids at your wedding reception, the questions need to be clean. Designate someone to keep a record of how the questions were answered for a fun present for the couple after the event.
1. Who made the first move?
2. Who is more romantic?
3. Who is right most often?
4. Who is smarter?
5. Which spouse is more organized?
6. Who said “I love you” first?
7. Who is better looking?
8. Who has the smelliest feet?
9. Which spouse hogs the sheets in the bed?
10. Who snores the loudest?
11. Who is better at managing money?
12. Who is the better cook?
13. Who gets to control the TV remote?
14. Who would throw a better surprise party?
15. Who is more creative?
16. Which spouse is more athletic?
17. Which spouse is funnier?
18. Who spends more time on the computer?
19. Who says “I’m sorry” first after a fight?
20. Who usually wins an argument?
21. What are the names of your spouse’s grandparents?
22. Who is the better dancer?
23. Who is the better singer?
24. Who is better at fixing things around the house?
25. Who is the better driver?
26. Who can be more spontaneous? Who will be taking care of the bills?
27. Who would win an eating contest?
28. Who would finish first in a marathon?
29. Who gives the best advice?
30. Who is the better listener?
31. Who is more emotional?
32. Who is more likely to bring home an abandoned kitten or puppy?
33. Who is better when it comes to haggling prices?
34. Who tips more at restaurants?
35. Who tends to finish eating their meal first?
36. Who wakes up more in the middle of the night?
37. Who is more likely to ask a celebrity for their autograph?
38. Who is more likely to find work as a model?
39. Who says “I love you” more?
40. Who replaces the toilet paper roll more?
41. Whose friends will come over to visit more often?
42. Which spouse has the shorter attention span?
43. Who is more likely to plan a date?
44. Who has a bigger sweet tooth?
45. Which spouse is more photogenic?
46. What is your spouse’s favorite breakfast food?
47. Who is more likely to bring the other person breakfast in bed?
48. Who is the picky eater?
49. Who takes longer to get ready to go out?
50. Who tends to hog the bed?
51. Who has more shoes?
52. Who brought up marriage first?
53. Who has more clothes?
54. Who is the best when it comes to gift-giving?
55. Who loves the other spouse more?
56. Who is more creative, you or your spouse?
57. Who is more on time?
58. Who has a better fashion sense?
59. Who is more talkative?
60. Who can stay up the latest?
61. Who is better at getting up early?
62. Who is more likely to eat the last cookie or chip?
63. Who is more likely to share their food?
64. Who would be more likely to climb a mountain?
65. Who snores louder?
66. Who takes longer to fall asleep?
67. Who is more likely to yell at a telemarketer or customer service representative?
68. Who is a lighter sleeper?
69. Who is the goofier one?
70. Who is more likely to finish a tub of ice cream first?
71. Who is more outgoing?
72. Who is more afraid of public speaking?
73. Which spouse did most of the wedding planning?
74. Who has better handwriting?
75. Who is better with computers?
76. Who spends more time on Facebook?
77. Who is more likely to check their phone during a date?
78. Who is more likely to forget their keys or wallet at home?
79. Who is more of a party animal?
80. Which spouse is more stubborn?
81. Which spouse is more likely to admit that they are wrong?
82. Which spouse is more likely to ask for help?
83. Which spouse is always right?
84. Who watches TV more?
85. Who tends to spend more money?
86. Which spouse is more likely to win the lotter?
87. Who takes out the garbage?
88. Who will be doing the laundry?
89. Who will be doing the dishes?
90. Who will be doing the grocery shopping?
91. Who is more likely to mess up the laundry?
92. Who tends to be in the bathroom longer?
93. Whose feet are smellier?
94. Who is the messier spouse?
95. Which spouse is better at remembering important dates?
96. Which spouse has a crazier family?
97. Which spouse is older?
98. Who has the cooler parents?
99. Who can drink a pint of beer faster?
100. Who drinks more water on a daily basis?
101. Who spends more time on Facebook?