No matter if you have been planning on this day for months or years, or dreaming of it since the day you could walk, you are now finally getting married. After the excitement of this very special day wears off, it is now time to start considering the plans for your special day.
In this chapter, your goal is to come together and talk about the upcoming marriage. You will need to talk about what you each hope to accomplish in this very special event. Although, many men do not play a specific role in planning each aspect of the wedding more men than ever are getting involved. They do have the right to make this their special day too, of course. So, step one of your plan should be to talk about what your goals are.
What to talk about:
- What do you imagine your wedding to be like?
- What does your soon to be spouse believe is the perfect wedding?
- Do you want a large wedding or a private, small wedding?
- Do you plan to have a lavish event or a simple celebration?
- What are weddings like in your family, and his?
- What things do you really hope are not part of your wedding?
Talk about these areas with your significant other. Find out what their opinions are and start talking about the special day. Do not make any firm decisions, but do talk about what your hopes and dreams are for this very special occasion.